Friday, August 25, 2006


About this point in the hike, I turned to my wife and casually mentioned 'Hmm... maybe we should head back' (at which point she's supposed to say, 'No, of course not honey! We've come a long ways and we're really close. Let's just press on! We're tough!" For some reason. She didn't say that. Instead she flashed me that 'well-its-about-time-Einstein' look and said 'yeah, I think so' in that tone of voice that means she really isn't open to discussing any other options.

So she is smiling here because I actually LISTENED to her and turned around (much to my chagrin, I admit). We were SO close to getting there... (of course, they might have stoned me after they had hiked over the next stretch, so maybe it wasn't so bad after all...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrim in Progress said...

Oh yeah, you can just hear it, can't you? Ringing loud and clear... ;-)

7:49 AM, August 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home