Saturday, November 18, 2006

Of course, the only thing cooler than actually seeing all this gorgeous scenery (below) is actually bagging a buck like this. This is my brother Jake, and he called me while I was driving home to say that he had just shot his biggest buck ever. I said "send me a picture" and this is what showed up in my mailbox. WOW!!!! I know he doesn't generally post pictures of things he's killed, but in this case I'm going to for him, because its simply too huge not to say something.

Want specifics? Here's his own words...
One shot kill, 125 yds, base of neck, with him standing behind a juniper tree.
.30/06, 165 gr. Barnes X, @ 2900 fps. (56.5 grs. IMR 4350).
25" inside spread, symmetrical, 1 extra point on the third tine (G3) both sides, 2 extra points on fourth tine (G4) both sides. Including brow tines, 8x8 mule deer buck. Yes, I packed him out whole, by myself.
What to say? I am speechless. The bummer, here, is that he is probably not going to be able to afford to mount it. At least not for a while. But wow, what a buck. Nice work, little brother! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah Cryder said...

Sweet!!!!!

9:49 PM, November 18, 2006  
Blogger Master Aegidius said...

The trick to seeing big deer and elk is first to leave your camera at home!

Next, fill your tag on a little dinker.

Finally, forget your ammunition/ rifle bolt/ tag/ or other sundry things at home.

Guarenteed to work. I promise.

In all honesty, I just happened to be in the right spot at the right time, and I was able to make the most of the situation.

2:49 PM, November 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home